In your mission to get strong and add muscle, it can be very easy to focus on doing the best training program. Whilst a good training program is definitely necessary to reach your potential, you are missing a trick if you are not paying attention to your recovery methods.
Training to add strength and size can be brutal. Every time you go to the gym and train, you tear down your muscles. Optimal recovery methods will help your muscles heal and grow stronger, faster. In goes without saying that this will mean you can train more frequently and harder than if you neglect recovery methods.
So now you want the good stuff… right?
Here we go,
5 Ways to Recover from Training – Faster
- 1. Eat good quality foods. Make sure you are getting plenty of lean meats,fish, fruits, vegetables, nuts and decent carbs in. (Think brown rice,not white rice etc).
- 2. Make sure your Pre,During and Post- Workout Nutrition is taken care of.What you drink an hour before training, during training and immediately after can effect your progress and recovery more than just about anything else.
- 3. Get enough sleep. Aim for 7 to 8 hours a night.
- 4. Get regular Sports Massage. Once a month is a good start, but if you are training really hard, once a week would be better.
- 5. Use Contrast Showers. This involves alternating between hot and cold water in the shower. Try this protocol: hot for 1 minute, cold for 1 minute; repeat 6 times.
So there you have it. 5 ways to help you recover faster from training. But how many of the above methods are you currently using?
By incorporating these measures on a daily basis, you will supercharge your training progress. Muscle and Strength will come much easier for you.
If you are putting in the hard workout at the gym, it makes sense to do all the recovery steps you see above. Otherwise, you are throwing away potential gains in strength and size.
And the great thing is: they are all very easy to do.
Try them and let me know how they work for you.
Please leave your comments in the comment box (Every comment has to be moderated to stop spam, so it may take a few hours for your comment to show).